Reports from Practice and Essays
In this section of the web site you can read and share reflections on new diaconal practices, new challenges and innovative thinking. You may find possibilities for collaboration or new insights for your work from a different context. If you want to contribute to this section and showcase your innovative approaches, please read our Guidelines for Contributors on how to submit your reports, or get in touch with directly with our responsible board member Herman Noordegraaf at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Reports and Essays can include:
- Descriptions of an innovative project or new approaches to practice
- Discussion of a theme or issue which affects practice or arises from it
- Reflections on practice
- Reports of Research Groups or research processes
- Short essays on challenges and innovations
Previously published reports from practice:
- Hirundo Drop In Centre for Migrants at the Helsinki Deaconess Institute: Describes and analyses a centre with a special focus on migrants with a Roma background and for those without papers. The report also describes a transnational project which relates to one of the places from which Roma come to Finland.
- A study on Diaconal Youth Work in Europe today: Summary report with recommendations for learning and practice of a research project which involved six diaconal organisations and Eurodiaconia, which was the project holder. The research was carried out by DIAK, Finland in collaboration with Eurodiaconia.
- From A Common Table: Reports on the development of a system of sharing food which is based on a participatory approach to learning and practice running of a large logistics operation in the City of Vantaa, Finland. Shared Table is a partnership of civil society, church and municipality and has won widespread recognition for its innovation.